Forklift Tires: Benefits and Drawback of Non-Marking Tires
There are many options to choose from in the world of Forklift tires. These options make it possible to choose the right tires depending on the type of work and terrain that it will be operating on. Non-marking tires are one such option, usually made from synthetic rubber and resin. The color of non-marking tires is usually lighter than regular tires and sometimes even white. The main attribute of these tires is that they do not leave marks on the terrain they operate on.
In this article, we will take a look at the benefits and drawbacks of non-marking tires. This information will help inform your decision-making, and will hopefully make choosing the best type of tires for your forklift easier.
- These types of tires will not leave marks on floors. This is great for light warehouse floors and terrains that you want to keep clean, as no marks mean that you won’t have to worry about cleaning as much. This will help lower the cost of floor maintenance in the long run.
- The base and core are made using similar methods as the solid cushion tire, which means they work great on smooth surfaces, and also contain more rubber in their construction to provide safer rides.
- The performance is the same as regular black tires, so you will not be sacrificing any good qualities tied to the common forklift tires.
- Non-marking tires are designed with strong traction, low heat buildup, and low rolling resistance.
- Thanks to silica these tires can carry large loads and have a long tread life.
- Non-marking tires are specially designed and typically come with a higher price tag.
- Their lifespan is shorter with an average of 25% faster wear time because they are made without carbon black.
- The tires will not leave markings, but can still leave dust behind.
- There will still be rubber residue left on the floor or terrain, it is just not obviously visible.
- They are not anti-static and will need earthing strips if operated around flammable or explosive conditions.
Still not sure about choosing the right tires? Ask our specialists at OTRUSA.COM! We provide diverse tire options that suit your specific tasks, and have over 20 years of experience in the tire industry. We are happy to answer your questions and help you to make the right decision, so please feel free to give us a call at +1-855-687-8721.